How to Choose the Best Mattress for You, and Where to Find It?
If your old mattress gives you back pains or the general sense of being uncomfortable, it’s time for a change. Choosing a new mattress can be tricky, especially with so many options available on the market. From its size and firmness to the material it is made of, a mattress comes in many shapes and sizes nowadays.
At Dormir, we strive to offer a wide range of solutions for our clients so they find the best product for them. Out mattresses can be purchased in a custom shape and size, with your preferred mattress firmness.
But what are the most important factors you need to consider when choosing the best mattress for you?
Consider the Available Space
When choosing a mattress and bedroom furniture in general, it’s important to consider the space you have available in your room. For example, buying a King size mattress may look like a good idea initially, but you surely don’t want to limit the walking space around your bed. So the first thing to do is make a plan of your furniture placement and visualize how all the pieces would look together.
Another major problem in the past was transporting a large mattress to a room that is not easily accessible. Finally, we have a solution for you! All of our products can be delivered right to your doorstep, in a box that you can easily move to your bedroom. The unboxing process is easy and convenient, and it takes just a couple of hours for the mattress to expand to its full size. If you still find it hard to imagine what the process would look like, we have a great video for you (+ a review) from Rubyyy Jones.
How to Choose the Firmness of Your New Mattress?
Finding the most comfortable mattress is a subjective thing. Some people prefer to sleep on firmer mattresses, while others need to feel like they’re sleeping on clouds. When choosing the right firmness for your new mattress, you should consider your sleeping position and weight. For example, side sleepers often prefer softer mattresses, while back and stomach sleepers usually turn to firm mattresses.
Another thing to consider is the support a mattress should give to your back, so you feel well-rested and refreshed in the morning. At Dormir, we have three options for mattress firmness to choose from. You can choose the firmness level for each of our products to find the best option for you. If you are still not sure what type of mattress to choose, you can visit our showroom and try out different products.
Important Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying a Mattress
Waking up with back pain is an experience you don’t want to have, especially after buying a new mattress. This is why it’s essential to keep some health considerations in mind that could affect your choice. Here are some questions to help you find the best mattress type for you:
- Do you experience back pain, and how would you describe it?
- What is your preferred sleeping position?
- Do you have any allergies?
- Do you prefer to sleep on a mattress that feels cold or warm?
One of the most important factors is the material your new mattress is made of. Here you can learn more about the available mattress materials available at Dormir and how they can help you sleep better: Which Material Is Best When Buying a Mattress Online?
Keep in Mind Your Preferred Sleeping Position
Apart from the hidden meaning behind your sleeping position, the way you prefer to sleep is an important factor when purchasing a mattress for multiple reasons. First of all, you need to feel comfortable, and you can not achieve that by constantly turning around on a softer mattress that just doesn’t feel right.
We have some tips for you that might help you in choosing the best mattress based on your sleeping position:
- A back sleeper would probably feel the most comfortable on a medium-firm or a firm mattress. This type of mattress would give your spine support where needed, so you don’t feel tired or strained in the morning.
- For a side sleeper, the best option would be to choose a medium-firm mattress. The reason is that when you sleep on your side, your hips and shoulders sink into the mattress that is too soft, and that will make you feel uncomfortable. On the other hand, a firm mattress will probably feel even more uncomfortable and could even cause pain in your hips or shoulders.
- For stomach sleepers, the best option is choosing firmer mattresses because they will give additional support and prevent the feeling of suffocation when lying face-down on your bed.
- If you don’t have a preferred sleeping position, the best option for you is to visit our showroom and discuss with our consultants the options available. This way, you can try out different mattresses to find the one that feels comfortable in every sleeping position.
Did you know there is still a way for you to test a mattress even if you prefer to buy it online? At Dormir, we offer a 100 nights sleep trial for all of our products so you can have enough time to determine if the mattress you purchased is the best for you!
Why Purchase a Mattress Online?
Buying a mattress online has many advantages and can save you a lot of money.
First off, when purchasing a mattress online, you can make a better-informed decision because you have more time to compare the options available and choose the best mattress for you. You also won’t experience any pressure when making a decision, which is essential and something that you can not always avoid when shopping in a store. Sometimes you may need a few minutes to think through all the information again, and you wouldn’t want a pushy salesperson to try and convince you what is best for your sleep.
Another significant advantage of choosing a mattress online is that you can access some amazing benefits, such as free shipping or a sleep trial. At Dormir, we offer free shipping for our products, so you don’t need to worry about additional fees for your purchase. So check out our products today, and choose the best mattress for you!
Latest Blog Posts
Mattresses for Sale