Improve Your Sleep in Three Simple Steps
A good night's sleep is essential for maintaining good health. Not only does it help you to stay focused and actively work, but it also boosts your immune system, metabolism, and ability to control your blood sugar. Maintaining healthy sleep habits is key when you try to get more high-quality ZZZ's. These steps will help you improve your sleep and feel well-rested when the morning comes!
At Dormir, we offer high-quality mattresses and sleep accessories customized to your needs and preferences. So check out our products and choose the right one for you!
Stick to a Sleep Routine
Having a sleep schedule will help you increase the amount of sleep you get each night and improve its quality. Given our fast-paced way of life, it's not always easy to stick to a sleep schedule, but it's the best solution for finding a balance between bedtime and wake time. Making drastic changes all at once can only cause additional stress, so try adjusting to your sleep schedule gradually by taking the following steps:
- When setting a target bedtime, focus on when you want to wake up. Generally speaking, an adult needs seven to nine hours of sleep per night, so make sure to choose a bedtime that gives you enough hours to rest.
- Set an ideal bedtime and try to achieve it gradually by going to bed 15 minutes earlier than the night before. This way, you will give your mind and body time to adjust to this new change and won't struggle to fall asleep in the first place.
- Change your daily routine in a way that fits your sleep schedule. For example, if you plan to go to bed at 10 PM, it wouldn't be wise to start doing laundry at 9 PM.
Limit the Screen Time Before Bed
This one you have probably heard a lot, but staring at your phone right before falling asleep is not a good idea. There are many reasons why using your phone in bed is a habit that you need to get rid off:
- Watching content on your phone or laptop before falling asleep stimulates your mind and keeps it psychologically engaged. This overstimulation may cause troubled sleep, nightmares or even an inability to fall asleep.
- Exposure to blue light from your laptop or smartphone suppresses melatonin, the hormone responsible for regulating sleep and wake cycles.
- Browsing content on social media right before bed can disturb your emotions and make it even harder for you to fall asleep. Many studies find a link between sleep issues and social media, as these platforms can trigger different emotions and make you feel anxious right before you are supposed to fall asleep.
Read more: How to Choose the Best Mattress for You, and Where to Find It?
Create a More Restful Bedroom Environment
Creating a more peaceful bedtime routine will help you relax and prepare to get a good night's sleep. Even some small changes can make a big difference and improve the quality of your sleep. Here are some tips to try out:
- The noise from the neighbours or the traffic outside can seriously disrupt your sleep, making it impossible for you to stick to your sleep schedule. Sometimes there is not much that can be done to change the noise levels, but you can try to change them by putting some relaxing music on.
- The room temperature is extremely important for your good night's sleep. Most people prefer to sleep in slightly coolers rooms, at around 65°F or 18°C). Adequate ventilation is also important, even though the Canadian cold winters don't allow us to sleep with a window open.
- Invest in a high-quality, comfortable mattress. At Dormir, we offer 100% natural latex mattresses for you to get your best sleep ever! Our products can be purchased in different shapes and sizes to fit perfectly in your bedroom. Check out our products and contact us for more information about how we make great sleep more affordable than ever!
How Choosing the Right Mattress Can Change Your Sleep?
A good mattress is crucial for getting a good night's sleep. The best mattress for you should give you enough back support but also make you feel comfortable when lying in your bed. It should keep your spine in a neutral position regardless of your preferred sleeping position. There are a couple of things you need to consider when buying a new mattress:
The Mattress Material
At Dormir, we know how important it is for the mattress to be manufactured using the best quality materials. This is why we offer 100% natural latex mattresses, resistant to bed bugs, mould and mildew. Natural latex mattresses conform to your body shape and increase comfort, providing a higher level of back pain relief and prevention.
The Useful Life of Your New Mattress
Most mattresses last between seven and ten years, depending on many different factors such as the quality of the materials used, the weight and sleeping styles of the people using them, and many more.
We can proudly say that our natural latex mattresses last longer than similar sleep products. They keep their shape and resilience over time, providing you with a better return on investment. Learn more about why a 100% natural latex mattress is the best choice for you and your family!
The Mattress Firmness
You should always consider the level of firmness that you prefer when choosing a new mattress. There is no right or wrong answer here, and it all depends on your preferences. This is why at Dormir, we offer three levels of firmness for all of our mattresses, giving you the opportunity to choose the best solution for you.
We also took another step towards being the best mattress manufacturer in Canada, and we offer 100 nights sleep trial to our customers who bought a Dormir mattress online. This way, we ensure that you will get the best quality for your investment and that you will find the best mattress for you in our online store!
Giving yourself the gift of a good night's sleep sometimes means making some lifestyle changes. Having a sleep schedule and limiting the screen time before bed are just some ways to improve your sleep. In addition, your bedroom environment has a huge impact on your sleep quality, and this is why you should consider making some improvements, such as buying a more comfortable bed, mattress and sleep accessories. Contact us today for any questions that you may have! We will be happy to help you improve your sleep.
Latest Blog Posts
Mattresses for Sale